High Performance Engine Development
Whether it is a Group N, Group A, Group H or touring car or a private car lover with high standards – I will be pleased to advise you on the right choice of components and parts so that you can realise your goals in terms of performance and reliability!
Racing engine design
The choice of the optimal components for a race engine is crucial for the resulting performance and reliability.
Therefore, my race engine design is not only based on the calculated parameters of the engine calculation but also on many years of experience in the construction of various engine designs. I am specialised in naturally aspirated engines for rally, road and hillclimb racing applications.
Special expert know-how is available for your project for engines of the French PSA group from Citroen and Peugeot.
- TU engines – 1.3 1.4 1.6 8v and 16v engines – naturally aspirated and turbo engines
- EW engines – 2.0 and 2.2 16v engines – naturally aspirated and turbo engines
- XU engines – 1.8 1.9 2.0 8v and 16v engines – naturally aspirated and turbo engines
- ES engines – 3.0 24v engines – naturally aspirated engines
and many others.
Engine development process
- What is the target performance?
- What is the maximum rpm to be reached?
- What should be the expected character of the engine?
- Are there any restrictions, for example through regulations?
- Are there already parts existing that should be used?
- Calculation of the ideal size ratios of the valves / valve seat diameters
- Calculation of the flow velocity in different cross sections
- Calculation of the required valve spring forces at maximum rpm
- Calculation of the average piston speed
- Exhaust header calculation – design of the exhaust manifold to match the individual target agreement
Design and selection of components based on the results of the engine calculation:
- Camshafts, camshaft pulleys, lifters
- Valves, valve sizes, valve springs
- Pistons, connecting rods, crankshaft
- Multiple machining stages for cylinder head and/or engine block
- matching accessories: throttle bodies, injection systems, standalone ECUs, exhaust manifolds, exhaust systems
- Determination of maximum rpm
- Design and development of custom parts
- Arrangement and support for realisation (mechanical machining), customised parts, etc.)
written documentation of the results in a PDF document:
- Illustration of the results from the engine calculation
- Listing of the engine design for at least two different scenarios; for example, a low-budget and optimum version
This list contains concrete suggestions for the recommended engine components and accessories, as well as a cost estimate. This provides you with a useful basis for making decisions on how to proceed.
Determination of the engine concept:
- Decision of the customer for a engine version
- Support in the sourcing and machining of engine components
- Construction of the race engine
- Individual tuning of the engine control unit
The combination of many years of experience with diverse race engines and the proven knowledge gained from theoretical calculations enables you to achieve the goals you have set yourself!
WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE?